Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Short news regarding fire incident at Hotel Eiger, Grindelwald

On the evening of December 25th at 6:30 p. m. a smouldering fire was triggered by a short circuit at a timer in a chamber in the entrance area “Eiger 2”. The result was a strong smoke development.

Immediately the sauna area was evacuated, the guests in the affected rooms were informed and the fire compartment was closed. Due to the careful actions of the Eiger team and the fast and professional support of the fire brigades Grindelwald and Bödeli as well as the police and ambulance, there was never any danger for our guests and the fire could be brought under control quickly.

The sauna area was already available to our guests again on the 26th December – all other guest areas are not affected by the effects of the fire.

It was a blessing in disguise and we thank all those involved for their commitment!

Family Heller & the Eiger Team

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator